Sixth Pay Commission’s recommendations
March 24th, 2008 · 24 Comments
Monday, March 24, 2008 (New Delhi)
Highlights of the Sixth Pay Commission’s recommendations
- Pay substantially hiked by an average 40 per cent.
- Revised pay to be effective from January 1, 2006.
- To cost exchequer Rs 12,561 cr in 2008-09.
- Additional one-time burden of Rs 18,060 cr toward arrears.
Below is Pay Scale Calculator
- Minimum entry level pay Rs 6,660; Cabinet Secretary to get Rs 90,000.
- Market driven compensation for young scientists & special posts.
- Contract appointment for select posts requiring high skills.
- Current age of 60 for superannuation to be maintained.
- No exceptions barring scientists & medical specialists.
- Number of grades reduced to 20 against prevailing 35.
- Existing parity between IAS and IFS to be maintained.
- Defence forces at par with civilians in pay and grades.
- Rs 6,000 allowance a month for officers up to Brigadier rank.
- Five-day work week to continue; only 3 national holidays allowed.
- Other gazetted holiday to go, adjusted in restricted holiday.
- Bonanza for Defence Forces too
- New Pay Scales recommended by Sixth Pay Commission
- Tamilnadu TN Sixth Pay Commission Salary Hike
- Highlights of the Sixth Pay Commission
- Major changes and additions on Sixth Pay Commission
- New Pay Scale Calculator for 6th pay commission
- Sixth Pay Commission implemented for IIT, IIM and NIT
- Salient features of 6th Pay Commission
- Tamil Nadu Sixth Pay Commission Arrears And Fixations
- Tamil nadu 6th pay commission calculator
Tags: Sixth Pay Commission